By Robert D. Fulk,Christopher M. Cain
This revised variation of A historical past of previous English Literature attracts commonly at the most up-to-date scholarship to have developed over the past decade. The textual content contains extra fabric all through, together with new chapters on Anglo-Saxon manuscripts and incidental and marginal texts.
- This revised version responds to the renewed historicism in medieval studies
- Provides wide-ranging assurance, together with Anglo-Latin literature in addition to non-canonical writings
- Includes new chapters on manuscripts and on marginal and incidental texts
- Incorporates increased assurance of criminal texts and medical and scholastic texts, now taken care of in separate chapters
- Demonstrates that the sector of Anglo-Saxon reports is uniquely positioned to give a contribution to present literary debates
Read or Download A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Lament turns out to were common within the old global. As such, it's an outstanding touchstone for the comparative learn of attitudes in the direction of dying and the afterlife, human family to the divine, perspectives of the cosmos, and the structure of the cloth of society in numerous occasions and locations. This selection of essays bargains the 1st ever comparative method of historic Mediterranean and close to japanese traditions of lament.
Literary opinions of Murasaki Shikibu's eleventh-century the story of Genji have frequently fascinated with the amorous adventures of its eponymous hero. during this paradigm-shifting research of the Genji and different mid-Heian literature, Doris G. Bargen emphasizes the thematic value of Japan's advanced polygynous kinship approach because the area in which courtship happens.
Transporting Chaucer attracts at the paintings of the British sculptor Antony Gormley along extra conventional literary scholarship to argue for brand new relationships among Chaucer's poetry and works via others. Chaucer's playfulness with textual heritage and chronology anticipates how his personal paintings is figured in later (and previous) texts.
Das kulturelle Wissen um Formen der Stellvertretung und Substitution umfasst Denk- und Wahrnehmungsmuster, die in den komplexen Erzählzusammenhängen des mittelhochdeutschen Prosalancelot einen thematischen Leitgedanken generieren, der in Fragen der Sinnkonstitution, Figurengestaltung und Erzähltechnik neue Akzente setzt.
- Reading Inebriation in Early Colonial Peru (New Hispanisms: Cultural and Literary Studies)
- Skythen in der lateinischen Literatur: Eine Quellensammlung (Beiträge zur Altertumskunde) (German Edition)
- Picturing Experience in the Early Printed Book: Breydenbach’s Peregrinatio from Venice to Jerusalem
- Regelbuch und Observanz: Der Codex A 53 der Burgerbibliothek Bern als Reformprogramm des Johannes Meyer für die Berner Dominikanerinnen (Kulturtopographie des alemannischen Raums) (German Edition)
Extra resources for A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature)
A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature) by Robert D. Fulk,Christopher M. Cain