By Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones
- memoirs of homosexual Holocaust survivors and the emergence of the 1st lesbian and homosexual e-book membership in its wake
- homophobia within the place of work and using coming-out tales to reinforce office range
- the institution of a gay/straight alliance in a Salt Lake urban highschool that's seriously ruled by way of Mormons
- gay literary historical past that examines the works of Langston Hughes in addition to Martin Duberman, Paul Monette, and Edmund White in terms of the lesbian 70s
- creative nonfiction a few woman's love for an additional lady, her lifelong buddy
- Provincetown's striking group reaction to the AIDS epidemicA selection of chapters written by means of the colleagues and previous scholars of John P. De Cecco, pioneering editor of the magazine of Homosexuality, A Sea of news takes its name from a word Dr. De Cecco utilized in his keynote handle to the “History and reminiscence” convention at Allegheny collage in 1997. This convention sparked the assumption for this choice of essays that study the gay adventure via old, mental, and sociological viewpoints and homosexuality in literature. those brave tales will help readers to understand themselves extra deeply, to spot wih others, and to interpret homosexual and lesbian stories in numerous narrative kinds.
Read Online or Download A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco PDF
Best gay fiction books
"Unlike such a lot of of his homosexual neighbors who fantasized approximately discovering a dream lover, Chase Hyde had no plans to cool down. Being in best form allowed him to cruise West Hollywood for exhilarating muscle intercourse with one scorching bodybuilder after the following. A religious, self-acknowledged ""roamosexual"", his optimum objection to settling down was once that having a associate might take him off the industry.
Like Stars, a ancient romance approximately mysterious identities, scandalous kinfolk secrets and techniques, and enthusiasts in a perilous time. What in case your real love walked again into your existence 5 years after his demise? Nathaniel Thredgold has eventually again from the struggle. Or has he? His lover, Wesley Douglas, is not convinced.
Nate Kingsley is a grasp at messing up. Out of jealousy, he outed his ally in a public and embarrassing means. Now he’s doing his most sensible to make up for his crimes, yet it’s left him empty and pissed off, unfulfilled even by means of his profession as an opera singer and artistic director. He enters an unsatisfying courting he retains hidden from his closest pals.
Emilio, al verse un día frente al espejo y sacar el cofre que su madre shieldó con los recuerdos de su primera infancia, sufrió una transformación que cambió su vida para siempre: había encontrado su sombre del yo.
- Au milieu de nulle part ( Ici et ailleurs T.1) (French Edition)
- Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders
- The Lonely War
- The Way of the Woman Writer, Second Edition (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies)
- Cairn and Covenant (Blessed Epoch Book 4)
- The Reluctant Cowboy
Extra info for A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco
A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco by Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones